This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Qatar Entry Permits (Visas)

Q: DO I NEED TO BE A QATAR AIRWAYS PASSENGER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR VISA-FREE ENTRY THROUGH THE NEW VISA WAIVER PROGRAMME?

Passengers on any airline and visitors traveling into Qatar through any port of entry, who are nationals of the 80 eligible countries, are eligible for the visa waiver. (The only visa type offered exclusively to Qatar Airways passengers is the free, pre-arranged Qatar Transit Visa open to all nationalities who have a stopover on Qatar Airways of between 5 and 96 hours.)

Q: WHAT IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE VISA WAIVER BUT WOULD LIKE TO GET THE QATAR-OMAN JOINT TOURIST VISA UPON ARRIVAL IN DOHA, SO THAT I MAY USE IT IN BOTH THE STATE OF QATAR AND THE SULTANATE OF OMAN, FOR MULTIPLE ENTRY IN BOTH COUNTRIES, OVER THE COURSE OF 30 DAYS?

There are 34 countries that are eligible to receive the Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa upon arrival in Qatar. If you are eligible, please inform the immigration officer that you would like to have this visa, rather than the visa waiver. There is a charge of QAR 100 (approximately $27 USD) to obtain the Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa. Please note that cash payments are not accepted at MoI immigration counters. The fee will need to be paid via a valid credit or debit card.

Q: WHAT IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE VISA WAIVER BUT AM ONLY TRANSITING THROUGH QATAR, WITH A STOPOVER OF 4 DAYS (96 HOURS) OR LESS?

If you are a Qatar Airways passenger transiting in Qatar for a period of time between 5 and 96 hours, it is advisable that you apply for the Qatar Transit Visa via Qatar Airways ahead of your visit. The Transit Visa is free of charge, and valid for up to 96 hours (4 days), and open to all nationalities—and you will receive it electronically prior to your trip.

If you do not arrange for a Transit Visa ahead of your visit, you may still try to enter on a visa waiver, but entry will be at the discretion of the immigration officer, depending on the length of transit time indicated by your onward ticket. In general, at least a one night’s stay is expected for use of the visa waiver.

Q: IS THERE A SPECIAL LINE OR SECTION AT HAMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (HIA) IMMIGRATION THAT I NEED TO USE TO OBTAIN MY VISA WAIVER UPON ARRIVAL?

Currently, there is not a separate line or section for visa-free entry authorization. You may stand in any queue for non-GCC citizens.

Tag: Legal , Qatar , Qatar Entry Permits , Visa in Qatar

Post a Reply

ABOUT US

Q-Gossip is a Qatar-based fastest growing gossip website, delivering all the latest happenings in Qatar. Our readers are interested in getting point of stories that really matters. So we bring timely news update from a number of categories like events, sports, movies, shopping, jobs, dining, fake news,talent factory,world music, Qatar news, Health,Technology ,Dairy products , Travel , electronic items , celebrity life , food &dining , finance shopping , legal , world , jobs , events, beauty & spa, movie, pet , sport , car washing , car rental, accommodation & home rental. Here you will find the complete information for every discussion.

We love to engage with our readers at suitable time, delivering news that includes humour when expected. We are dedicated to connect users wherever they wish to spend their time. Q-Gossip aim to spark interest, entertain and engage you. We endeavour to present every information in right way.