This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Qatar Entry Permits (Visas)

Q: CAN I EXTEND MY STAY IF I WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN IN QATAR LONGER THAN THE MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE STAY OF MY VISA WAIVER?

Those nationals eligible for visa-free entry for up to 30 days, for single or multiple trips, will be able to extend their visa waiver for an additional 30 days. This extension will extend the original waiver validity period by 30 days, and allow the visa waiver holder to spend up to an additional 30 days in the country, during single or multiple trips, within the validity period. After this one allowable extension, no additional extensions will be provided.

Those nationals eligible for visa-free entry for up to 90 days, for a single or multiple trips, will not be able to extend the number of allowable days in the country or the 180-day validity period of their visa-waiver.

Q: IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR AN EXTENSION, WHERE DO I GO TO OBTAIN IT? IS THERE A FEE, AND WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO PRODUCE?

Visitors possessing a 30-day visa waiver can request a 30-day visit extension from the Ministry of Interior (MoI) Immigration Office at Hamad International Airport (HIA), located behind check-in row 8 in the main departures hall, or at any MoI Service Center located throughout the country: https://www.moi.gov.qa/site/english/channel/ServiceCentre.html

You will not need to present yourself in person, but Immigration staff will require your original passport, copies of your confirmed onward tickets, and payment of QAR 100 (approximately $27 USD) to obtain a 30-day visit extension.

Please note that cash is not accepted at MoI Service Centres; only a valid credit or debit card is accepted.

Q: WHAT IF I STAY IN QATAR LONGER THAN THE ALLOWABLE STAY PERMITTED?

If you remain in Qatar longer that the granted period of stay on the waiver or an obtained extension, you will be charged 200 QAR (approximately $54 USD) per day, for each day overstayed.

Q: IF I ENTER QATAR ON A VISA WAIVER, BUT LATER WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER TO A TOURIST VISA, BUSINESS VISA OR OTHER TYPE OF VISA, IS THIS POSSIBLE? SIMILARLY, IF I ENTER ON A TOURIST VISA, BUSINESS VISA, OR OTHER TYPE OF VISA, CAN I TRANSFER TO A VISA WAIVER?

No. Visit visas and visa-free entry waivers are non-transferable. If you are in this situation and would like to enter on a different visa type or on a visa waiver, you will need to leave Qatar and re-enter on the new visa type/visa waiver.

Q: IF I INTEND TO WORK IN QATAR, MAY I ENTER QATAR USING THE VISA WAIVER AND THEN TRANSFER TO A WORK VISA ONCE IN COUNTRY?

No. Visa waivers are non-transferable and intended for short-term visitors to Qatar only.

Q: ARE PASSPORT HOLDERS OF BRITISH OVERSEAS TERRITORIES GRANTED VISA WAIVERS SIMILAR TO FULL BRITISH CITIZENS (I.E., NATIONALS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM)?

At the current time, citizens of British Overseas Territories are not eligible for the visa waiver, but can apply for a Qatar Tourist Visa via Qatar Visa Service.

Q: ARE FRENCH NATIONALS FROM FRENCH TERRITORIES ABROAD GRANTED VISA WAIVERS SIMILAR TO FRENCH NATIONALS FROM FRANCE?

Yes, French nationals from French Territories abroad and holding French passports are granted visa waivers upon entry in Qatar.

Q: ARE TAIWANESE, REPUBLIC OF CHINA PASSPORT HOLDERS AND MACAU SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION (SAR) PASSPORT HOLDERS GRANTED VISA WAIVERS SIMILAR TO CHINESE NATIONALS?

At the current time, Taiwanese, Republic of China passport holders and Macau Special Administrative Region (SAR) passport holders are not eligible for the visa waiver, but can apply for a Qatar Tourist Visa via Qatar Visa Service

Q: I AM AN OCI (OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA) BUT I HOLD A SRI LANKAN PASSPORT. AM I ELIGIBLE FOR QATAR’S VISA WAIVER UPON ARRIVAL?

Only Indian nationals holding a valid Indian passport (valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of application) are eligible for the visa waiver upon arrival. OCI persons who are not nationals of any other eligible country for the visa waiver on arrival can apply for a Qatar Tourist Visa via Qatar Visa Service. Submission of your OCI card as part of your application may be beneficial.

Q: AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A VISA WAIVER IF I AM A RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 80 ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES BUT HOLD A DIFFERENT PASSPORT OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT?

Only nationals holding passports of the 80 eligible countries are eligible for the visa waiver. (Please note, however, that if you hold a valid residence permit in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, or the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, you are eligible for Qatar’s Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) programme. Further information regarding ETA can be found at: www.visitqatar.qa/plan/visas-requirements.html, and ETA applications can be submitted at www.qatarvisaservice.com.)

...[ Continue to next page ]

Tag: Legal , Qatar , Qatar Entry Permits , Visa in Qatar

Post a Reply

ABOUT US

Q-Gossip is a Qatar-based fastest growing gossip website, delivering all the latest happenings in Qatar. Our readers are interested in getting point of stories that really matters. So we bring timely news update from a number of categories like events, sports, movies, shopping, jobs, dining, fake news,talent factory,world music, Qatar news, Health,Technology ,Dairy products , Travel , electronic items , celebrity life , food &dining , finance shopping , legal , world , jobs , events, beauty & spa, movie, pet , sport , car washing , car rental, accommodation & home rental. Here you will find the complete information for every discussion.

We love to engage with our readers at suitable time, delivering news that includes humour when expected. We are dedicated to connect users wherever they wish to spend their time. Q-Gossip aim to spark interest, entertain and engage you. We endeavour to present every information in right way.