This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Lion Air crash: Victim's fiancée takes wedding photos alone

An Indonesian woman whose fiance was killed in the Lion Air crash has gone ahead with her wedding day photo shoot alone — in the dress and ring they chose together — to fulfil his last wish to her.

The 'wedding day' photos have since been widely shared online and in Indonesian media.

Intan Indah Syari and Rio Nanda Pratama, both 26, were due to be married last Sunday at Pangkal Pinang, where Lion Air flight JT 610 was heading when it crashed on October 29.

Dr Pratama, a medical doctor, had flown to Jakarta for training three days before and was on the plane heading home when it plunged into the Java Sea, minutes after take-off.

Intan Syari says she's fulfilling her partner's last wish

The crash happened less than two weeks before the couple planned to marry.

Only a few days earlier, they had gone together to a bridal shop in Pangkal Pinang to select their wedding outfits, according to Indonesian media reports.

Then, as Dr Pratama left his fiancee to fly to Jakarta he reportedly asked her: "If I don't return before November 11, still wear the dress I chose. Make yourself beautiful and ask for a fresh white rose. Then take a lovely photo and send it to me."

The young woman's mother said Dr Pratama had appeared unusually sombre when he farewelled his fiancee at the airport, repeatedly hugging her as if he couldn't bring himself to leave.

In the days after the Lion Air plane went down, Ms Syari poured out her grief on Instagram, and posted photos taken of the couple over the 13 years they had been together, since meeting in high school when they were both 13.
On their planned wedding day on Sunday Ms Syari carried out her fiance's last request.

She went to a wedding consultant in Pangkal Pinang, who organised her gown, makeup and the photo shoot.

In one photo, the would-be bride posed with her fiance's younger sister, in place of him.

"For you my lover Rio Nanda Pratama, thank you for giving me a sister who is so great, strong, smart, merciful and kind, just like you," she wrote on Instagram.

"Even though you were not next to me yesterday your loyal sister accompanied me to carry out your last most beautiful request.

"I know you are happy there in eternity that surely everyone desires. Know that our love for you will not diminish at all, we love you forever."

In another photo she still managed a smile.

...[ Continue to next page ]

Tag: World , Indonesia , Lion Air crash , Victim fiancée takes wedding photos alone

Post a Reply

ABOUT US

Q-Gossip is a Qatar-based fastest growing gossip website, delivering all the latest happenings in Qatar. Our readers are interested in getting point of stories that really matters. So we bring timely news update from a number of categories like events, sports, movies, shopping, jobs, dining, fake news,talent factory,world music, Qatar news, Health,Technology ,Dairy products , Travel , electronic items , celebrity life , food &dining , finance shopping , legal , world , jobs , events, beauty & spa, movie, pet , sport , car washing , car rental, accommodation & home rental. Here you will find the complete information for every discussion.

We love to engage with our readers at suitable time, delivering news that includes humour when expected. We are dedicated to connect users wherever they wish to spend their time. Q-Gossip aim to spark interest, entertain and engage you. We endeavour to present every information in right way.