This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

Katarina Rodriguez takes Miss World Philippines 2018 crow

Katarina Sonja Rodriguez, a Filipino-American beauty from Davao City, was crowned as Miss World Philippines 2018 on October 7 at the Mall of Asia Arena.

Katarina, an MTV video jockey and model who placed third at “Asia’s Next Top Model” season two and first runner-up at Miss Intercontinental 2017, will represent the Philippines at the upcoming Miss World 2018 in Sanya, China.

Katarina, who was born in Orlando, Florida to Filipino parents hailing from Manila and Davao, bested other 40 candidates at the Miss World Philippines 2018 pageant, including Miss Earth Air 2017 and former “Pinoy Big Brother” housemate Kim De Guzman; Century Tuna Superbods 2018 winner Maureen Montagne; and singer Alyssa Muhlach, daughter of former basketball star Paul Alvarez and ex-actress Almira Muhlach.

Apart from the top spot, Katarina also won special awards such as Best in Long Gown, Miss Resorts World Manila, Miss Bench Body, Beach Beauty Challenge, Miss Bluewater Day Spa, and Miss Cosmo Skin. She was also among the seven finalists for the Top Model award.

During the final question and answer portion, Katarina was asked: “(There are people who) believe that beauty pageants are a form of women exploitation. What can you do to change their opinion?”

“I'd like to think that one should live by example. And I actually would like to admit that I was one of those before, until I learned more about what beauty pageants are about,” she said.

“One thing I can tell you is that you may think it's very competitive but it's not. You understand beauty pageants when you know that it is actually not competitive against other women. It's actually competitive towards yourself. And in a sense, it's all about woman empowerment. And you can feel that in this group of girls… each girl knows that we are all individually beautiful.”

Katarina succeeds Miss World Philippines 2017 Laura Lehmann, who finished at the top 40 of Miss World 2017.

If successful, Katarina will become the Philippines’ second Miss World titleholder after actress Megan Young snagged the country’s first Miss World crown in 2013.

Tag: World , Philippines , Katarina Rodriguez , Miss World Philippines 2018

Post a Reply

ABOUT US

Q-Gossip is a Qatar-based fastest growing gossip website, delivering all the latest happenings in Qatar. Our readers are interested in getting point of stories that really matters. So we bring timely news update from a number of categories like events, sports, movies, shopping, jobs, dining, fake news,talent factory,world music, Qatar news, Health,Technology ,Dairy products , Travel , electronic items , celebrity life , food &dining , finance shopping , legal , world , jobs , events, beauty & spa, movie, pet , sport , car washing , car rental, accommodation & home rental. Here you will find the complete information for every discussion.

We love to engage with our readers at suitable time, delivering news that includes humour when expected. We are dedicated to connect users wherever they wish to spend their time. Q-Gossip aim to spark interest, entertain and engage you. We endeavour to present every information in right way.