This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

WARNING – iPhone owners beware

If you haven’t updated your iPhone to iOS 11.4 yet, you may want to hold off a bit longer.

Frustrated Apple users are complaining that the software update is killing their batteries.

One angry user wrote on Reddit that it caused their battery to drain up to 25 per cent faster, while others say they are constantly having to charge their phone, according to the Daily Mail.

Apple has not yet revealed what is causing the problem or how to fix it.

However, some users suggest that the issue may be with the background app refresh feature.

This lets your apps run periodically in the background so that they can update their contents, even when you’re not using your phone.

To turn off the feature, launch the Settings app from your Home screen and select General. Then switch Background Refresh to ‘off’.

The iOS 11.4 update, released globally on May 29, gives iPhones the ability to store messages in the iCloud.

It also includes improvements to the controls for Apple’s new HomePod smart speaker and multi-room audio.

However, battery drainage appears to also be a feature affecting devices across the Apple range.

“My iPhone 6 was working perfectly fine until I updated to iOS 11.4 and ever since I did that my battery is draining rapidly even without me using it at all,” said one disgruntled user in a consumer forum.

“I used to go a full day without charging it [and] now it may last half a day. I am just wondering if something got turned on with this new update that I have to turn off to save battery life.”

Twitter users also spoke about their plight, urging others not to update and asking if others had fallen foul of the same issue.

Bharath Chamarajanagara tweeted: “If someone hasn’t done it yet, then please don’t update to iOS 11.4. The battery drain is serious and terrible. Please wait for a fix before upgrading.”

Tag: Technology

Post a Reply

ABOUT US

Q-Gossip is a Qatar-based fastest growing gossip website, delivering all the latest happenings in Qatar. Our readers are interested in getting point of stories that really matters. So we bring timely news update from a number of categories like events, sports, movies, shopping, jobs, dining, fake news,talent factory,world music, Qatar news, Health,Technology ,Dairy products , Travel , electronic items , celebrity life , food &dining , finance shopping , legal , world , jobs , events, beauty & spa, movie, pet , sport , car washing , car rental, accommodation & home rental. Here you will find the complete information for every discussion.

We love to engage with our readers at suitable time, delivering news that includes humour when expected. We are dedicated to connect users wherever they wish to spend their time. Q-Gossip aim to spark interest, entertain and engage you. We endeavour to present every information in right way.