This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your website experience and provide more personalized services to you, both on this website and through other media. To find out more about the cookies we use, see our Privacy Policy. We won't track your information when you visit our site. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again.

How To Get A Qatar Driving License + My Experience

When I posted the photo of my driving license back in November in my Insta-story, loads of people here in Qatar replied with the happiest congratulations and a bunch of wow reactions. My friends outside Qatar, on the other hand, replied with simple good-for-you greetings. That made me realize that being able to have a driving license here in Qatar feels way more like an achievement rather than a plain perk. Why is that?

Because getting a driving license in Qatar is difficult.

That statement above gives exception to Qatar citizens who already have a GCC driving license or a license from selected countries. For those who can’t convert their license, or doesn’t have any – taking a driving test to qualify for a driving license is mandatory. If you feel like you already know how to drive and you think that it qualifies a Qatar Police’s standards kind of driving, you can apply for a direct test. Note that your application has to be approved by The Traffic Police Department. Otherwise, you have to apply either for a full course or half course driving lesson. Which I suggest for you to do, whether you’re already Fast & Furious confident with your driving or you have zero knowledge of anything that has to do with wheels. So let’s begin?

Pick a School.

If you’re on employment visa, you need to check first if your profession written on your visa is allowed to acquire a driving license. Here’s a list of professions that are not allowed. If you’re under family/student visa, you have nothing to worry about. Then move on to picking your school. You have to consider your school of choice’s established quality and standards before you enroll. Another thing is how practical the distance of the school is from your house (or to your work). Considering this will help you save time and money as you’re going to go to school every day during your lessons. If you’re wondering what school I went to, it’s Al Khebra Driving Academy.

Enrollment.

Check your school’s official requirements. It is important to complete all of them. I paid and registered online then I was asked to submit the hard copies to the school itself. Upon enrollment, they will ask you about your preferred class schedule. You can ask for a schedule early morning before your work or in the evenings after. They will grant your requested schedule based on the availability of instructors in your school. If your day is flexible like mine, you’ll be given a schedule right away and you don’t have to wait for weeks. I was given a class 3 days away from my enrollment day. That’s pretty great considering some waited for weeks! I enrolled in a regular full course with a male instructor in automatic. Here are the prices in Al Khebra.

Theory Classes.

When I enrolled, I was told that I have to complete 10 days (45 mins each day) of classes before taking the Theory Test. But after 5 classes, our instructor told us that we’re going to take our exam after our 8th day. Not sure if they do it to save time especially if they see that the students can already pass. The theory class is a proper classroom setting kind of lessons. We were six in the class if I’m not mistaken. I enjoyed it actually, meeting new people and seeing them every day for a week. Our instructor was really nice and he’s a fun teacher! I also availed their Simulation Training lessons. This isn’t mandatory to take but our instructor suggested it and it wasn’t that expensive so I gave it a shot. I’m glad I did because it was great introduction and experience with driving in Qatar. Here’s a link to what it looks like. The Doha city 3D simulation was developed by Qatar University graduates/students.

...[ Continue to next page ]

Tag: Legal

Post a Reply

ABOUT US

Q-Gossip is a Qatar-based fastest growing gossip website, delivering all the latest happenings in Qatar. Our readers are interested in getting point of stories that really matters. So we bring timely news update from a number of categories like events, sports, movies, shopping, jobs, dining, fake news,talent factory,world music, Qatar news, Health,Technology ,Dairy products , Travel , electronic items , celebrity life , food &dining , finance shopping , legal , world , jobs , events, beauty & spa, movie, pet , sport , car washing , car rental, accommodation & home rental. Here you will find the complete information for every discussion.

We love to engage with our readers at suitable time, delivering news that includes humour when expected. We are dedicated to connect users wherever they wish to spend their time. Q-Gossip aim to spark interest, entertain and engage you. We endeavour to present every information in right way.